Are you insured? Three separate events on the first floor highlight the need to have adequate homeowner's (or renter's) insurance. One family will be unable to live in their suite for several weeks after a pipe burst in their ensuite, flooding the entire unit during the day while they were at work. IvyLea's insurance covers repairs to walls and flooring,but the suite owners' insurance will have to cover the costs of alternate housing, damage to furniture, clothes and electronics as well as upgrades to flooring. Another resident's insurance will cover the costs for clean-up after a mishap with a microwave filled the suite with smoke.
New quote for roof reno Council accepted a quote from a reputable company for replacing the entire roof. Arbutus Roofing's quote came in at $212, 404 plus GST. That's about $100-grand less than a previous quote owners considered at the start of the year. Assessments are lower too, now they will range between $3202 and $4413 based on unit entitlement.
A Special General Meeting to vote on moving ahead with the project is tentatively scheduled for April 29.
- The fountain should be operational once again within the next few weeks.
- A balcony cleaning schedule will be posted soon
- Council deferred a decision to paint the hallways until June
- Council paid $10,000 from the Contingency reserve fund to pay the insurance deductible for the flood on the first floor.
- Council instructed the property manager to track expenses eligible for the Home Renovation Tax credit